Introduction to macarons
Question. What is macaron?
Answer. Macaron is a French cookie that is a mixture of tant pour tant and egg whites. Two of those cookies are binded together using a cream-based filling.
Making macarons invloves combining a type of meringue into an almond paste mixture. The food color of choice is added.The food color is used to complement the flavor of the filling. For example, a redish color would be used when making macarons with raspberry filling, or a yellow color is used to complement a lemon filling.
What you will learn from this lesson
- What are macarons 'feet' and how to achieve this effect
- How to check the raw batter for proper consistency
- How to line a sheet pan for macarons
- What pastry bag and tips to use when making macarons
- How to bake macarons
- What is the perfect oven temperature for macarons
- How to check for doneness
- How does an over-baked macaron look like
- Causes of deformed macarons
- How to line the baking sheet
- How to fill the macarons
- How to use the piping bag.
- Tips and tricks for making the perfect macarons every time
How to store macarons
You can store the macarons for a couple of days in the fridge, but they must be in a plastic container (air tight would be best). You can freeze the macarons for a couple of weeks, again, in an air tight container. Allow the frozen macarons to thaw in the fridge in an air tight container over night.
Please follow this link (members only) in order to view our recipe and step-by-step video instructions on how to make the perfect macarons every single time; proven results.