Everything you need to know about Tarts and Pies
A common task when working in a pastry shop is making pies and tarts. The doughs are easy to prepare as long as you know what you are doing.
Differences between tarts and pies
- Tarts can be a used for a sweet or savory dish.
- Tart doughs are made with lour, butter, sugar and eggs.
- Tart pans have sides that are straight up but not very high and have a flutted surface. The bottom of the tart pan may be removable.
- Tart crusts are usually firm and crumbly crust
- Tarts have a crust only at the bottom and the sides.