Learn how to make doughnuts
Question. What is a doughnut?
Answer. Doughnut is a yeast dough that is fried and sweetened with sugar, and usually is shaped into a ball or ring.
Procedure for making doughnuts
- Thoroughly mix the flour with the sugar and the salt. Mix the fat (margarine or butter) with the flour using the Sablage method.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk.
- Add the eggs and food coloring (optional) into the milk/yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Knead for 10 minutes or as needed to get a smooth texture. Use additional flour as needed during kneading. Dough should be quite soft and slightly sticky.
- Oil the dough lightly using canola oil.
- Let dough rise to almost double at room temperature in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to place the raw doughnuts.
- Roll out the dough to about ½-inch thickness.
- Shape the doughnuts using a doughnut cutter or 2 different size cookie cutters.
- Oil the doughnuts and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow doughnuts to almost double for a second time.
- Heat canola or corn oil to 375deg. F.
- Prepare another baking sheet lined with a paper towel for the fried doughnuts.
- Fry for about a minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Place them on paper towel and then dip them in sugar.
In this lesson you will be introduced to the following terminologies;
|Ingredient||Cost/gram or ml||Amount used||Total cost|
Please follow this link if you wish to learn how to make ...