Question. What is an almond tartlet?
Answer. Almond tartlet is a tart that is filled with almond cream and topped with sliced almonds. It is then baked and glazed to perfection.
More info on mixing methods or techniques used in french pastry
About our recipe tables
Sample recipe table
All the recipes in our course are given by weight and percentages. The advantage of having a recipe in percentages is of extreme importance. You can alter the size of the recipe to any size you wish, and most importantly you can make recipe comparisons to notice the effects of ingredients between recipes.
Almond tartlet demo
(VIDEO DEMO without step-by-step instructions)
In this lesson you will be introduced to the following terminologies;
Tips when making almond tartlets
- If the tart dough was prepared the night before, the tart dough will be a bit stiff. Working the dough for about half a minute, will give you tart dough that can be easily rolled out.
- For demonstration purposes, the cookie cutter used in our video, was not large enough so more dough had to be added for the sides. It is preferable to use a bigger cookie cutter so that you don't have to manipulate the dough so much.
- Raspberry jam can be either home-made or already prepared (as shown in the video).
- Once you add the sliced almonds, you may wrap the raw tartlet in plastic wrap and freeze. You may freeze for about a month. You may bake right out of the freezer, at 180deg. C (350deg. F) for about 20-30 minutes or until nicely colored.
- Read manufacturer's instructions on how to use the apricot glaze.
- Apply the apricot glaze, while tartlets are still hot right out of the oven.
- Remove the fluted tartlet mold while tartlets are still quite hot.
Please follow this link in order to view our recipe and step-by-step video instructions on how to make almond tartlets.