Pastry FAQs Letter D
- Q1. When making bread dough at home, what attachment should I use?
- Q2. Détrempe What is Détrempe?
- Q3. Dough - How do you know when dough is done proofing?
- Q4. QUESTION 4?
- Q5. QUESTION 5?
Initially you should use the paddle attachment just to incorporate all the ingredients, and then use the hook attachment to complete the kneading.
Détrempe is synonymous to dough. Détrempe is the dough that you make, before the large chunk of butter is added to it.
To test to see if dough is done proofing, lightly press and release into the dough using your fingertip;
- If dough springs back immediately, it needs more proofing.
- If dough springs back slowly, it is ready for baking.
- If dough does not spring back, it is over-proofed.