Question. What are cinnamon rolls?
Answer. Cinnamon rolls consist of a yeast dough flavored with ground cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. Cinnamon rolls are usually garnished with rolled fondant icing.
Key points and tips to making cinnamon rolls
- The cinnamon rolls will be much tastier if you use milk (3.25%) instead of water.
- Refrigerate the cinnamon roll prior to cutting it.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls to about 2-inch thickness.
- Line the pan with parchment paper or plastic baking mat.
- It would be best to use a pan with high sides, and fill up the pan with cinnamon rolls in order to get thick cinnamon rolls.
- Do not over-proof the cinnamon rolls. If you press on the cinnamon roll using your index finger, and the indentation gradually disappears, the cinnamon rolls are ready to be baked.
- If you are using a pan with high sides, make sure your grease the sides with oil.
In this lesson you will be introduced to the following terminologies;
Please follow this link if you wish to learn how to make cinnamon rolls with step-by-step instructions and recipe.